Level 3 Food Safety Course
£195 + VAT
Course Price includes, Course Tuition and Certificate.
What does this qualification cover?
- Contamination (Hazards and Controls)
- Food Poisoning
- Personal Hygiene
- Premises and Equipment
- Pest Management
- Supervisory Management
- Legalisation and Enforcement
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Learners will understand the terminology in respect to supervising food safety procedures and be able to define the terms food hygiene, food poisoning, food-borne disease, food-borne illness, contamination, hazard analysis, food safety management systems and HACCP. The role of a supervisor in controlling food safety, identify food safety hazards and understand the methods by which the controls are communicated to others in the workplace.
Amongst others, the learner will expect to receive training & expertise in the following:
- Learners will be aware of UK and European food safety legislation to ensure compliance in a food business to state the current food safety legislation which relates to food premises and be aware of where guidance on the law may be sought.
Good hygiene practice
- Learners will understand the concept of contamination and the risks it poses to food safety and define the terms, and give examples of, physical, chemical (including metals), microbial and allergen contaminants and explain the concept of cross-contamination.
- Learners will understand the role temperature plays in the control of food safety and the temperatures required to control bacterial and enzyme activity in food.
- Learners will understand the principles of the HACCP system and how a supervisor can contribute to the implementation of a food safety management system to identify the hazards in a food process.