If you’re looking to carry out a licensable activity in an unlicensed premises, or provide regulated entertainment not included on an existing licence, the best route for you is a Temporary Event Notice. TENs allow you to provide licensable activities that your license would otherwise not cover or when there is no licence in place already.

This can be for a broad range of activities, such as providing live music or performances of dance, or in a scenario whereby you are a holding an event which provides alcohol without a cash bar.

Am I Eligible for a Temporary Event Notice Application?

You are eligible to apply for a Temporary Event Notice if you fit the following criteria:

  • You are 18 years or older.
  • Your event will involve no more than 499 people.
  • You have not exceeded the maximum number of TENs per year (see below)

There are two types of TEN. Standard TENs are given no later than 10 working days before the event. Late TENS are given between 5 and 9 working days before the event. The intention of a Late TEN is to provide options for anyone who has had to change venue or taken a booking for an event at the last minute.

If you are not a personal licence holder, you can only be granted 5 TENs per year. For Personal licence holders, that increases to 50. Only 15 TENs per year can take place at the same premises.

Applying for your Temporary Event Notice

Knight Training are experts in licensing regulations and can help you obtain your temporary event notice. Contact us today and your application will be in the hands of licensing experts.